Monday 9 May 2016

Dear Jones House,


My name is Lasith Kulasekara and I'd like to talk about
my passion today and I'd also like to talk to you about
some things that are about me.

First of all, my family and I are from Sri Lanka and we came to
Adelaide when I was around 2 years old. Just before that, my
family and I lived in Norway for about 1 1/2 years.


Then 5 years later we came here, to Bendigo.
Later on, we became citizens in Australia and Sri Lanka.


Now I'd like to talk about my passion. In my spare time, I do paintings at home.
 I also write stories for Scribe Young Writers Club.
 I'd like to be a scientist or doctor when I'm older and
 I'd also like to be an artist and write stories as well.

Here are some acrylic paintings that I've been doing recently.....






I got into painting pictures last year, in 2015, when I went to one
watercolour workshop for the whole day, at my previous school,
 which was St' Therese's Primary School. 


The artist, who was from Bendigo,
 who leads that workshop was called Terry Jarvis. We had done a plan on
 a watercolour painting that we were going to do later in the day.




After that class, I decided to try out watercolour painting at home, so
 I asked my parents and they bought me a watercolour kit.




So over about a month one month period, I did lots of watercolour paintings.
Then, at school, we did some acrylic painting and I enjoyed it a lot.



 I decided to try it out at home and then I got even more into it.
 Next, I decided to do a bit of landscape art and
 I liked it the most, so that's how I got into painting.








Finally I'll talk about something no one knows about me.
Something no one knows about me is that
 I was born in a city called Kandy, in Sri Lanka.


Thank you for listening!


3 comments:

  1. Nice Art.

    I was born in a city called Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka. Cheers mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. You have done it well. Go ahead. We enjoy your paintings very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These colors are so awesome.Beautiful Paintings.

    ReplyDelete