Saturday 26 September 2015

The Haunted House I






I don’t want to believe it, but I think my house is haunted! I’m not surprised, since we live next to a cemetery. As soon as I moved in, about a year ago, I knew something creepy would come from over there and bother us.

There are a few reasons that I can tell my house is under the spell of a poltergeist. For one thing, my basement is totally dark and scary, especially at night. Just the other day, I was doing my homework in my room, when suddenly I heard moaning and whispers. And then the room started to grow cold and I could feel my spine tingling. Nobody else was nearby, so I was totally scared. The whispers sounded so real! So I pulled out my cell phone and called my best friend, Charlie.

I exclaimed, “Come over to my house. I think my house is haunted by a poltergeist!”

My best friend, Charlie got so freaked out that he decided to come over and help me investigate. We decided to have a look at the basement, since that’s where it’s mostly been happening. The basement sure was creepy. We didn’t want to go down there at first, but we decided to go after a while. But we found no clues in the basement, so we searched through the attic. We listened and waited for sounds, but we still had no clues.

“Well, looks like there isn’t anything wrong here,” Charlie replied, looking quite disappointed.
“Wait, what’s that sound coming from my room?” I asked, curiously.
“It sounds like someone is whispering, this is quite creepy,” he replied, shaking a little bit.

By the way, my name is Jake Ruthford and my friend’s name is Charlie Stevenson. I have a little sister called Katelyn. I’m 12, Charlie’s 12 and Katelyn is 10.

Now back to the story. We rushed toward the sound and found absolutely nothing! I was so shocked to find nothing! No clue that there had been a ghost. Since my house was built in the 1790’s, it could be haunted. What we didn’t know, was it was about to get a lot worse.





Chapter 2

Charlie and I watched a horror movie about werewolves for a while, but then he had to go home. Katelyn had just come back from one of her friend’s birthday parties and she was in her room chatting with her friends, I guess. Mum and dad are having a night out, so Katelyn and I are the only ones in the house.

So I decided to go into my room and play a video game for a while. I played for an hour or so, but then I heard a really loud bang!
“Aaaarrrgh!” I shrieked in terror, the sound made me jump.
“Jake, what’s going on?” Katelyn asked, curiously, as she rushed up to my room.
“I just heard a really loud bang that made me jump and scream, but I don’t know where it came from,” I replied, still feeling quite worried.

Just then, as Katelyn walked out of my room, mum and dad arrived. They called us to come down, for dinner. So Katelyn and I went down to have dinner. We had roast chicken, with vegetables and Brussels sprouts. We usually have roast chicken on Sunday, but I hated Brussels sprouts.
“Mum,” I groaned, “I don’t like Brussels sprouts.”
“Me neither,” Katelyn whined.
“It’s good for you,” Mum replied.
“Yeah,” Dad agreed.

After dinner, I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed. I got into bed and started to fall asleep, when a loud thud, coming from the corner of my room woke me up. “Uh-oh,” I whispered, quietly to myself.





Chapter 3

Suddenly, I saw some strange lights, looking like orbs, float up. Then my compass needle started spinning like crazy. “Whoa!” I uttered a startled cry, “Mom, dad, come up here quickly!”

“Son, what’s wrong?” Dad asked.
“I saw some strange lights and then my compass needle went crazy. I read that if your compass goes crazy, it means a poltergeist is nearby,” I replied, feeling quite scared.
“I don’t think anything is wrong,” Mum replied, “Even though our house is more than 210 years old!”

I went up to my room, since mom and dad didn’t believe me. If I told them more stories, I would probably have to go to the psychiatrist. But like before, the hauntings started up in my room. I knew I just had to look. Then a book almost hit me in the face. More objects were flying around the room like crazy. My room was totally under the spell of a poltergeist and I didn’t know what was going to happen next!

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, another book almost wacked me in the face, “Help me!”
“What’s wrong?” Mom and dad asked.
“Books flew toward my face!” I exclaimed. This time, even Katelyn was up now.
“Well this room is quite a mess, but I don’t think books would magically throw themselves at you,” Mom replied, quite shocked.
“We might need to take you to a psychiatrist!” Dad exclaimed, staring at me.
“But dad,” I whined.

Well it was no use arguing, so I just went to my room. I called Charlie, to tell him about what happened. He was very shocked when he heard about what happened. Then we decided to talk tomorrow morning. I got into bed and started to fall asleep. I fell asleep quite quickly, it didn’t  take long at all. The good thing was, nothing creepy happened tonight.

I woke up quite early in the morning, even though mum and dad were in the dining room getting ready to have breakfast.
“Good morning, son!” Dad exclaimed, quite cheerfully.
“Good morning mum and dad,” I replied.

We had toast and cereal for breakfast. Soon after Katelyn came down for breakfast. I watched some TV for a while, but then I decided to continue my conversation with Charlie.
“Hi Charlie, can I come over to your house so we can talk about what happened in the past few days?” I asked eager to go over to his house
“Sure thing, you can come right now!” he answered, happily.









“Mom, can I go over to Charlie’s house?” I asked.
“Um, ok you can, but don’t stay too long!” she answered.
“I want to go over to my friend’s house too!” she yelled, “It’s not just Jake who gets to go everywhere!”

Most of the time, she’s nice. But sometimes, she can be quite annoying. Well little sisters are little sisters.

Chapter 4

I arrived at Charlie’s house so that we could get this poltergeist finished with. I still had no clue who it was, or what it wanted.
“Sup Charlie!” I exclaimed.
“Sup Jake!” he replied.
“So let’s make plans on how we can stop this!” he replied.
“At my house there have been books flying around my room and my compass needle went psyche!” I exclaimed, feeling a little bit worried.
“Maybe we should catch it!” he replied.

We kept chatting for a while, but then I had to go. Half a day later… 

It was starting to get dark now. It was a warm autumn afternoon. A little bit breezy, but quite warm. Dad did some lawn mowing outside and he decided to come in, since it was getting dark. I watched some TV before mum and dad called Katelyn and me to come down for dinner.
“What’s for dinner tonight, mum?” Katelyn asked, eager to know.
“Tonight we are having spaghetti bolognaise,” mum replied.
“Yay!” I shouted, with a big smile on my face.

After dinner, I went to my room and talked with Charlie, again. We talked about how the poltergeist wasn’t coming anymore and how I was so happy about it. I thought the poltergeist was gone for good.

But I was very wrong…











Chapter 5

I started to fall asleep, with happy thoughts about the poltergeist being gone for good. ‘Aaaaah, so lovely now!’ I thought to myself.

Suddenly, a very strange sound woke me up. I couldn’t work out what the sound was. Bang! Bang! Bang! I was now shuddering in fright. The curtains blew around and my compass needle, once again went psyche.
“Wh-Whos there?” I stammered, trembling with fear.

No answer. The room suddenly grew quiet, but I couldn’t go to sleep. I started to calm down and fall asleep, when a thunderous roar filled my room!
“Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping that Amy would come.

I was so shocked; I was the only one inside the house.
“I am coming for you,” a deep voice rasped, “Hehehehehee!”
“Wh-Who are y-you?” I stammered, shaking with fear.
“You know who I am,” the voice continued to rasp, devilishly.

At first I was confused, but then I clearly remembered who he was. He was Vipor, the evil poltergeist I had met in my previous life. Now here he was, ready to attack, after many years!

“Uh-oh, y-your V-Vipor, aren’t y-you?” I stammered, getting a chill of fear down my spine.
“Yes, that is me,” Vipor hissed, with an evil grin on his face.

I could see what was going to happen next was not very exciting…







Chapter 6

“We meet again, after many, many years,” Vipor hissed, harshly, “But this time, I’m going to destroy you for good, Jake!”

If only I didn’t go out on Halloween night and discover that creepy, old mansion, in my previous life, this never would’ve happened. But now it’s too late, I just had to face Vipor and whatever he had planned.

He began to change his form. From a normal looking ghost, to a hideous monster. He began to cast a fireball in his hands. This was the most terrifying thing that ever happened to me. There was nothing I could do at this point. I just stood frozen in horror, not moving or speaking.

“Time for you to die!” he rasped nastily, holding the fireball firmly.
“Well, have a piece of this!” I yelled, as I heaved a chair toward him.

The chair burst into flames when it hit him, as he reignited his flaming fury. I could see he was completely covered in flames. He threw the fireball which he had been holding for a while, at me. I ducked, as the fireball hit the curtain and the curtains lit on fire. He threw more fireballs at me; now about half my room was on fire. There was only one corner I could go into. So I just kept moving slowly into that corner of the room, as he crept closer and closer.





Chapter 7

Just then, Katelyn rushed into my room with a fire extinguisher and sprayed Vipor with it. She had being watching what was happening all along.
“Help me!” Vipor shrieked in horror, “I will have my revenge on you two!”
“Hahahahahaha!” we both laughed, as he disappeared into ashes on the floor.

I was so happy to be alive! So joyous that Katelyn had saved me! Somehow, after Vipor disappeared, my room went back to normal.
“Oh Katelyn!” I thanked her, “Thank you so much!”
“My pleasure,” she replied.

I phoned Charlie about how Katelyn saved me from Vipor, the poltergeist. He was so happy to know that it was all over and so was I!

Well that’s about my entire story, I’ll see all you folks later. Uh-oh, did I just hear something strange? Yes, I heard a faint, raspy, evil voice.
“Jake, I’m coming for you!” the unfamiliar voice rasped devilishly, “Mwahahahahaha! Mwuahahahahaha! Awoooooo!”  
Yikes…







Blurb

This terrifying story is only the first one in this series. Starts off with Jake’s house haunted by a poltergeist. Why is the poltergeist around Jake a lot? Why is it in his room? Is the poltergeist stalking him? Fine out by reading this new terrifying story. Happy reading folks…
Yikes…







No comments:

Post a Comment